(read time: 2-4 minutes)
Hi! Hope you're having or had a good day :)
It can be extremely confusing sometimes to select the right diamond and understand the technicalities.
BUT BUT BUT
So what are the 4Cs?
The 4Cs (as you probably know) are cut, color, clarity, and carat. These dimensions are used to dictate the value of a diamond. To put it in very simple words:
1. CUT : Cut refers to the shape and proportions of a diamond and its ability to reflect light. The better the proportions, the better the light reflects and the more it sparkles! Round cuts sparkle the best. You can select the cut to get a sparkly or slightly subtle diamond depending on your preference.
2. COLOR : Color refers to the tints on a diamond. Diamonds are rated on a scale from:
- Colorless — D, E, F
- Near Colorless — G, H, I, J
- Faint — K, L, M
- Very Light — N, O, P, Q, R
- Light — S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.
Generally lesser the color, the greater the price as they are rarer but we have some exceptions with fancy coloured diamonds as well. Sometimes they are more valuable because of the rarity of the colors.
3. CLARITY : Clarity refers to inclusions in a diamond. The diamonds are divided into 5 categories based on the clarity with respect to visibility to naked eye and 10x magnification:
- Included (I): Inclusions visible to naked eye
- Slightly Included (SI): Inclusions not visible to naked eye but visible at 10x magnification
- Very Slightly Included (VS): Inclusions visible at 10x magnification with difficulty
- Very Very Slightly Included (VVS): Inclusions not visible even under 10x magnification
- Flawless (FL/IF): No Inclusion inside the diamond
Greater the clarity, the lesser the inclusions, and the greater the sparkle (and the greater the price, of course).
4. CARAT : Carat refers to the weight of a diamond. Greater the carat, the larger the diamond and the greater the price.
Of course, there are exceptions to the above mentioned “rules”. If you wish to have a deeper understanding, we’re just one call away! If you’re looking for an engagement ring, we provide a free consultation call and answer all your queries (even the ones you think might sound silly. Trust us, they’re not silly).
Don’t hesitate to drop a text or mail. We’re always happy to help you :)
Phone: +91 9999 803 462
Email : email@example.com